Latest Update To Information: 1 July 2020
During the current Coronavirus crisis in the UK, The Store Room is OPEN, however there are some changes to our operating procedures on-site, in line with the Government guidance on social distancing.
Below we have listed answers to some common questions which people may have, however if we have not answered your question, please don’t hesitate to contact your local storage facility via telephone.
Currently our locations are open as per normal with no changes to opening hours, however please see the website pages for your local store for opening hours, and should there be any changes to the hours they will be posted there.
At each of our locations, we have a number of measures in place to ensure that the facility is safe for our staff and customers. These include:
- Intensified cleaning of commonly touched items and areas, such as trolley handles and key pads.
- At each of our access points we have notices reminding people of the importance of following the Public Health England guidelines on social distancing and hygiene – for example asking all customers to remain at least 2 metres apart whilst on site.
- Our storage facilities are generally low-traffic and not crowded, so maintaining social distancing measures is considerably easier than in other scenarios.
Yes you can – simply contact your local storage facility by phone and our storage specialist will explain the process for setting up a storage contract. They will also explain the methods we are using to minimise face-to-face contact during the contract set up procedure.
Yes, you can. Due to the uncertainty many people have about making arrangements during the crisis, we have introduced a Flexible Reservation System, where if you reserve a room with us, you don’t need to give us a firm date for your move in and can update us as and when you have more details and the reservation will guarantee the price and the availability of your chosen room.
Yes you can, providing you are following the current social distancing and hygiene guidelines while on our premises. We would however ask that you do not visit unnecessarily and if you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms we would ask that you do not come to our facilities under any circumstances.
- Follow the current social distancing and hygiene guidelines at all times.
- Do not visit the site unnecessarily.
- Do not visit the site if you have any of the COVID-19 symptoms.
- Try to minimise the number of people from your household or business coming into the site. If someone does not need to come into the building please ask them to wait outside or in their car or van.
- Please follow instructions from staff on site and notices posted around the site – these instructions are designed to keep everybody safe.
- If you have a query, please contact your local site via phone and we will be able to help.
- If you are on site and need to speak to a member of staff, please call the number posted on the reception door to speak to a member of staff.